MAKE A DONATION
Please bring donations between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday to ensure someone is here to take them in. If possible, please call 01452 422971 to let us know you’re coming. Thank you.
Download our Family Haven Fundraising Pack that contains lots of Fundraising Ideas.
Donate Clothing and linen
We have a second hand clothing ‘store’ where parents can help themselves to what they need. We really appreciate donations of clothing, bed linen, towels, curtains, shoes, belts, etc.
We can even accept textiles that aren’t suitable for re-use as we can raise money from them by selling them for re-cycling.
We are very fortunate at Harvest Festival time and receive much needed donations of fresh and tinned/packet food that is used to help provide the hot midday meals for our families or for the families to take home with them. At Christmas we are often lucky to have the turkeys donated as well.
Donations of food are welcome at any time.
Unfortunately we don’t have the space to store items and so we aren’t able to take in toys, furniture or other big items. But please do feel free to call 01452 422971 and check if you have such items you wish to donate. For example, the sofa’s in our parents lounge are getting well worn and we will soon be looking to replace them and the outdoor ride-on toys age out quite quickly and we are sometimes in need of new(er) ones.
Donate your Time
Become a volunteer at The Haven. We are always looking for volunteers to help in the nursery and the kitchen. There are also opportunities to get involved in fundraising activities. To e mail Lorraine Barrett click here or phone 01452 422971.
Donations, however small, are very much appreciated. Your donation may help to subsidise a child’s meal or even pay for some art materials. Every little bit counts. Check our Shopping List for ideas of items we are currently in need of.
We have several options to allow you to donation online here. If you are a UK taxpayer, then by using this service you can also gift aid your donation and enable us to recover some tax without any cost to yourself.
Leave a Legacy
Have you written a will? Did you know anyone who doesn’t make a valid will dies “intestate” (without a will), which means they have no say over where their assets end up. See our section on leaving a Legacy for more information and links.
SPREAD THE WORD
Tell your friends, neighbours, family and colleagues about the work of The Family Haven.
We can also give a talk to your organisation, explaining our work and how it has changed the lives of so many families. Please contact Debbie Nevin on 01452 528692 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
PAY US A VISIT
Our address is 31 Spa Road, Gloucester, GL1 1UY. For directions and details of how to arrange a visit and see what we do first hand, please click here
HOW OTHERS HAVE HELPED
We are continually updating and improving our facilities. Donors’ money is put to good use and used in a practical and functional manner.
Thanks to volunteers and generous donations from individuals, businesses and charitable trusts grants we have
- Levelled our garden and installed wooden play equipment
- Installed a disabled ramp
- Added a tumble room extension to the nursery
- Converted the basement into a laundry and storage area
- Installed a pump in the laundry
- Added children’s toilets and changing area
- Had a pram shelter installed in the garden
- Refurbished our dining room, replacing the old table and unhygienic chairs with practical wipe clean furniture.
- Replaced our old kitchen units and installed a new stainless steel professional kitchen with more workspace
- Decorated our hallway and stairs
- Replaced our old chipped bathroom suite with a new suite complete with shower
- Painted the nursery rooms
- Replaced carpet in the dining room
- Refurbished our sitting room
- Fitted new carpets in all rooms to replace the old, worn floor coverings
- Purchased captain’s chairs for the nursery which enable the younger children to join their siblings at meal times and for play activities
- Brightened up our garden wall by painting it in bold squares of colour
- Replaced the old woodchip in the children’s outdoor play area with specialist safety surfacing
- Replaced the old cots in our Cot Room with more robust ones.
- Painted the clients’ tea and coffee room
It is vital that we receive the support of our local community so we can continue to provide our much needed service which includes giving, amongst other things,
- enough nourishing meals for the many families who need and value this daily meal
- an early years education for children
- help and support for parents
Thank you for the difference you make.