Our list of things we currently need/would like. You can use the Donate options to donate to pay towards them, or contact us if there is a service you can help us with:
Last updated January 2017
- NEW Water bottles for Nursery – ideally 50 for use by the children something like Osprey Activ-Mini 300-350ml
- New Books and Toys e.g. Mr Potato Head and friends, Wooden play food, magnets, classic children’s books, board books, toddler stories
- Craft supplies e.g. sequins, foam shapes, pipe cleaners, pom poms, glitter, collage items, paper and card of various types and colours
- New Ethnic dolls suitable for children under five
- New Toys suitable for small babies, especially Wooden toys
- Socket set for our DIY handyman Gary to help maintain our old building
- Tea towels …because you can never have too many!
- Baby wipes, nappy sacks and nappies are always useful
- Kids wrapping paper/birthday cards for boys and girls, up to age 4.
- Christmas wrapping paper/gift cards/large gift bags (30cm ish) for children and adults
- A new door entry system with camera
- Good quality kitchen equipment – knives, saucepans for induction hob etc
Some bigger jobs we’d like help with include:
- Help to clear our gutters
- Moving the plumbing of our hot water supply in the staff room so we don’t need to use the expensive water heater.
- (Purchase and) Installation of a combi boiler so we can get rid of the hot water cylinder, and reduce our energy bills
- Assistance with the soil pipe in our downstairs toilet and re-running of the cold water supply
- Hire of a Rug Doctor or similar carpet steamer and cleaning of our carpets (weekend or Monday afternoon when we are closed)
- Purchase and installation of solar panels to help reduce our energy consumption and energy bills.
Thank you for your help in acquiring:
- Christmas 2016 – Toys, craft supplies, wrapping paper, and more – thank you all
- Colour laser printer, Craft supplies, Cushions for our book corner, Toys suitable for small babies , Tea towels, Baby wipes, nappy sacks and nappies, Kids wrapping paper/birthday cards, and kitchen equipment (thanks to the NCS team 5 from Young Gloucestershire)
- A washing machine for our laundry room (donation from Gloucestershire Masonic Charity Action)
- A tumble dryer for our laundry room (donation from Gloucestershire Masonic Charity Action)
- Tall fridge for the nursery and one for the kitchen – (grant from The Freemasons Fund)
- An industrial upright Freezer for our kitchen (grant from The Summerfield Charitable Trust)
- A vacuum cleaner
- An inkjet printer for the nursery to print photos for the children’s learning journeys
- A pressure washer to help us keep the outdoor areas clean (grant from Rotary Club of Gloucester)
- A Fibre Optic Christmas Tree for the nursery (thanks to Emmaus Gloucestershire)