JOB TITLE: COLLECTION TIN CO-ORDINATOR
ORGANISATION: THE FAMILY HAVEN
REPORTS TO: FUNDRAISER
LINE MANAGER: THE CENTRE MANAGER
THIS IS A VOLUNTARY POSITION
About the opportunity
We are looking for friendly and reliable people who can manage The Family Haven collection tins in their local community. Our collection tins are a simple way to raise money and awareness for The Family Haven, to help us continue to support vulnerable families with young children.
It is important we have Family Haven collection tins well located in local businesses, pubs, shops, sports venues etc.
This position is perfect for those who are looking for a role that offers flexibility. You can volunteer when you have time around other work or family commitments.
By managing even a small number of local tins you will be making a difference to the work that we do.
What are we looking for?
Support The Family Haven’s fundraising efforts by coordinating the placement and collection of tins in your local area community.
People are needed for various regions of Gloucestershire as our services are available for families throughout the county. For example, Quedgelely, Abbeymead, Brockworth, Cheltenham, Stroud, Forest of Dean, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, and more.
In this role you’ll be:
- Using your local knowledge, talk to local business owners about placing tins at their locations
- Regularly visit and swap full tins for empty ones
- Count and bank donations completing all necessary paperwork to accurately record the amounts collected at each site
- Using ‘Thank you’ certificates to let the sites know how much has been collected
You will need:
- Access to a vehicle or great local transport links
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Good negotiation skills
- Good numeracy skills with attention to detail
- Basic IT skills – access to the internet and an email account are essential
- Good knowledge of your local area
What skills and attributes do I need?
- confidence in talking to communicating with people face to face and over the phone
- a good knowledge of your local area
- Have a small amount of storage space for collection boxes
- Regular communication with The Family Haven Fundraising Team
Our volunteers should be reliable and trustworthy. Volunteers need to be over the age of 18 years.
The role is flexible so you can fit volunteering around work or other commitments. The time you will need to commit will depend on the number of tins you place within your community.
Our fundraising team will ensure you have everything you need to be able to manage your collection tins well, including a short induction to get you started.
We are warm and welcoming at The Family Haven and the fundraising team will be on hand to help you make the most of your fundraising.
If you are interested in this position please contact our Fundraiser Debbie by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01452 528692