JOB TITLE: SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT CONTRIBUTOR
ORGANISATION: THE FAMILY HAVEN
REPORTS TO: FUNDRAISER
LINE MANAGER: THE CENTRE MANAGER
THIS IS A VOLUNTARY POSITION
About the opportunity
We would also like a Social Media Volunteer to help promote our activities on Facebook and Twitter. This would involve a fairly regular commitment, posting at least once a week.
What are we looking for?
- If you love writing and social media, we are always looking for people to contribute to our online presence. To do this you will need to have time to come to the Family Haven regularly to see what we are up to, take photos, and post about it! As the day centre is such a busy place you won’t be stuck for ideas!
- This is an excellent opportunity to develop skills and get involved with your local community. You will gain experience of managing a social media community and the opportunity to find out more about how a charity such as The Family Haven operates.
- You need to have experience of using social media, preferably for a business or organisation. You must have excellent communications skills and excellent written English. Social media knowledge of Facebook and Twitter needed. Photography skills an advantage. Also own internet access necessary.
- This post will require coming into the day centre regularly. Our opening times are Monday 10:00am – 1:00pm, Tuesday to Friday 10:00am – 3:30pm.
- We will provide guidance and training for the role in how to use social media management tools and social media best practice.
- This role is flexible and you can give as time much as you want and are able to give.
- As volunteer social media assistant you’ll use your digital skills to keep our Facebook and Twitter accounts active and interesting. You can pitch your ideas and also get involved in photographing items to post online.
- This flexible role offers the chance to build on your transferable skills – planning, communication, marketing – while gaining experience in the charity sector.
We are a friendly group and will provide as much support as you require.
Our day centre is based in an old Victorian property with no wheelchair access.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keeping the charity’s social media channels updated with interesting stories – currently Facebook and Twitter
- Planning and scheduling social media content and posts
- Researching, creating and uploading relevant contents e.g. graphics, videos, photos, audio, albums
- Identifying key influencers and organisations to interact with on social media
- Encouraging others to comment on posts and share them with others
- Attending some of the charity’s events with a view to reporting on them
- Liaising with staff and other volunteers to ensure consistency in messaging.
Using social media has become a great way to reach a new audience and engage potential supporters.
We need someone to make sure that we are making the most of our social media accounts.
The tasks can be completed from anywhere but working from the office for at least some of the time would be an advantage. Hours and times are very flexible.
If you are interested in this position please contact our Fundraiser Debbie by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01452 528692